Società Italiana   - Di Mutua Beneficenza Cefalutana
 
The Società also owns and maintains a mausoleum located at St. Louis Cemetery #3 on Esplanade Avenue in New Orleans. The first member to be buried there was Vincent Quartavora on March 21, 1889. Sixty-two members are buried in the old plot, which had 12 vaults. The first burial in the new and well-maintained mausoleum was Mrs. Carmela Piraro on January 1, 1927. There are 24 vaults, and as of 11 May 2007, there are 96 buried, plus the remains of the 64 from the old plot, for a total of 160 souls. Over the years some families                                                  
have transferred their relatives’ 
remains to their own family tombs. 
             Present Day Mausoleum
                                                                   
Below is a link to the names of 97 souls who are interred in the Società Italiana di Mutua Beneficenza Cefalutana’s Mausoleum. This tomb, which has 24 vaults, is located in St. Louis Cemetery III, 3421 Esplanade Ave., New Orleans, La. It is situated in Square 4, Section F, lots number 15, 16, 17, and 18 facing St. Louis Avenue. It was construction in 1926 with the first burial on 01 January 1927. The remains of the 64 members who were buried in the Societa’s old mausoleum were transferred in 1927 to this new location and interred in the center vault. Inside of the mausoleum over a stone altar is a stained glass window which depicts the symbol of the three fish meeting together forming a triangle. On top of the mausoleum is a statue of Gesu` Salvatore, Patrono di Cefalu (Jesus the Savior, Patron of Cefalu).  In 1971 the Officers and members had the foresight to invest in Perpetual Care. Any information concerning these burials and the Societa` in general may be obtained from Sal Serio, President, 4226 Orleans Ave., New Orleans, LA 70119-4606
 
 
Interior Stained Glass Window
 
Mausoleum leased from the New Orleans
   Archdiocese from 1889 through 1926 
Below is a link to the names of the 64 souls who were buried in the Società Italiana di Mutua Beneficenza Cefalutana’s first mausoleum. This tomb, located in St. Louis Cemetery III, 3421 Esplanade Ave., New Orleans, La. on St. Magdeline Aisle, lots 8 & 9, was rented from the New Orleans Archdiocese from 21 March 1889 through 1926. Needing a larger facility and a place of its own the Societa` in 1926 built its own mausoleum. Capacity was doubled to 24 vaults. All of the remains were transferred to the new location and are presently interred in the center vault. The new mausoleum is also located at St. Louis Cemetery III. Any information concerning these burials and the Società in general may be obtained from Sal Serio, President, 4226 Orleans Ave., New Orleans, LA 
70119-4606  (504) 486-9122.
      
                                                               Burial Record 1886-1926